Become a Member
Our credit union is for people, not for profit!
You can join at the counter (10 minutes) or download the membership application fill and post to us along with copies of a valid up to date picture ID, proof of address and proof of PPS. You will still have to call in to sign the membership documents and to present your original ID & Proof of Address.
Members of a credit union enjoy many benefits, including:
No fees - Free Services - Convenience - Community Benefits
- There are no account fees, maintenance costs or charges
- We have a wide range of financial services available with a variety of discounts and free services for members
- Competitive loan interest rates
- Encouragement and advice on a regular savings programme
- Return on your savings through annual dividends and loan interest rebate
- Pay into your savings or pay off your loan by standing order without calling in
- Loan Protection, Life Savings and Death Benefit insurance at no direct cost to eligible members
How do I Join?
Joining is Easy! To be eligible for membership of Ballymote & District Credit Union Limited you must be living or working within our common bond area.
The Common bond is the factor which unites all the members of Ballymote & District Credit Union Limited - it is what all members have in common i.e. where they live or work. This is an area of approximately 13km radius around Ballymote. If you live or work in this area you are eligible to become a member. Because of the common bond, all members have the good of their credit union at heart; they know and trust each other.
You need to present 3 forms of identification to join and a minimum of €1.27 is needed to open the account.
Three forms of identification.
One form of evidence from each of the sections below is required:
- Evidence of Identification (must show proof of date of birth & recent photo) - i.e. Current valid Passport, Driving Licence, Garda ML10 or National Identity Card
- Evidence of Address (must show address where you currently live and be dated in the last six months) - i.e. Recent Household Bill (e.g. ESB, Phone), Bank Statement, Government/Revenue or Social Welfare Correspondence
- Proof of PPS Number - i.e. Payslip, Revenue/Social Welfare letter or Medical/Social Welfare Card
Alternatively, you can contact us for a membership application.